Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fabric Covered Frames

A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to do a "little" redecorating before Bella's birthday party this weekend. Well a "little" has turned into a full blown bedroom and living room redo! But in all honesty it was looong overdue.
We moved in 2 years ago and my bedroom only ever received paint and a few badly placed pictures. My living room was, well just plain ugly and the rhyme and reason was nonexistent=)

Well no more my friends=) I love walking in my bedroom it feels so peaceful and complete. My living room is starting to look fabulous, bright, cheery, and I smile each time I enter.

So here is one of the few projects I have done for the living room - Fabric Covered Frames.

*Disclaimer* The pictures you are about to see are in sore need of help. I'm not sure what happened to me and my camera this time around=p Needless to say, they look much better in person!

I got these two frames when I was in High School, but I never knew what to do with them. They stayed in my bedroom when I moved out and every so often my mother reminds me they are there (in an effort to get me to take them) then I remind her that parent's house are free storage for at least 5-10 years after marriage=)

Well, I finally found the perfect spot for them=)


My first idea was to use these frames and little clothes pins to attach pictures. But once I hung them I couldn't bring myself to mess up the "art" with my snapshots. It just looks to clean and with the material I used I think it would have been too busy.

Materials:
Chicken Wire - I technically don't need this now because I'm not going to clip pictures - but I like the look)
staple gun
frame
fabric
wire cutters

1. Lay out and staple chicken wire to the back of the frame.
2. Cut off extra wire around the frame - be careful the wire tends to pop up and cut your fingers=p
3. Lay fabric over wire, staple, cut off extra.

Wha La! Easy, easy, easy=)


Stay tuned for more living room projects!


Make life beautiful,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails