Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cupcake Invitaitons and Party Favors

Okay, I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for this one=) No copying here - just my pure genius (okay my husband just said he doesn't think my head will fit through the door now=p)

Introducing the best Invitations ever (drum roll...)




See? Didn't I tell you? They even pop off the little box to go straight to the refrigerator!

Okay so here is the step by step:
 To make the boxes visit this site.  They are super easy and once you get the hang of it you will be finished in no time.
1.  Free hand or Google a cupcake picture that you like and copy to the size you want for the invitation. Then cut the top from the bottom
2.  Trace the bottoms unto brown paper and the tops unto colorful paper. Cut out.
3.  I wanted to add some depth so I used chalk to make swirls on the tops and "wrapper lines" on the bottom.
4.  Glue the tops to the bottoms and add a little cherry (free handed and cut from red)
5. Use stamps or markers to add your text.  Here is how mine read:

Here is a little taste of Bella's first birthday party!
Place:
Date:
Time:
RSVP:

6. Add a magnet to the back.
7.  Put a little dab of glue and attach to your boxes.
8.  Put a mini cupcake in your super sweet box and deliver=)


Alright, now on to the sweet cupcake favors...

Aren't they adorable?  The little girls loved them and they really weren't that hard to make.  Really.  I learned to crochet on them and I made plenty of mistakes but they are very forgiving,  I used this pattern from BitterSweet.  But there are many free patterns for cupcakes if you Google crocheted cupcakes.  Have fun!



Make your life beautiful,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails